Thursday, May 05, 2005

If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear!

Don't you just hate it when you goof up? I woke up this morning in a panic. I had forgotten that I was to present a speech this evening at 6:30 and hadn't yet begun to prepare for it. So I hit the computer and have worked all day in hopes of presenting a half way decipherable message.

So here I sat in my pajamas ALL day and clicked and pointed my way through all kinds of search engines. (To make matters worse, at about 1:30 a young man from our family's past showed up- SURPRISE! I welcomed him in, handed him a cell phone and had him leave messages for everyone he wanted to surprise [besides me in my bathrobe] while I typed frantically.)

I called my sister and asked her opinion. That was a blessing as she directed me to a web site with invaluable insight and a wealth of knowledge on the subject. Whew! But more info meant MORE INFO! So I began to dig through and glean the best.

My only hope was that the speech was only for 15 minutes. But such a broad and deep topic that I was skeptical at accepting the assignment to begin with. Holy Hannah! It is currently 4:32 and I am finally done with my notes.

Here's the rub: At 3:50 or so, I realized today is Cinco De Mayo, May 5th. Umm, My speech doesn't get presented until the 19th. That's like what, 2 weeks away? Yeah, I'm stupid.

add to sk*rt