Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Spring and love is in the air, or on top of the pillar.



One the first day of Spring (last week) I noticed that our doves had returned to nest. The top photo is from this week, the bottom photo from last year. They chose the pillar furthest from the front door but more exposed to the elements. Last year, after successfully laying eggs they tended them for a a week or so before they were destroyed by a larger bird. I am hoping this doesn't happen this year.

add to sk*rt

3 comments:

The1stdaughter said...

How sad! I too hope they have better luck this year.

Boy Mom said...

Ahh, spring, our yearly visitors are swallows. Cute but messy little buggers, they nest in on the carport light so from May through August our cars look like they spend most of their time parked at the Bird Turd Target Range. I love your easter flowers, so beautiful. And way to go! Gramma camp. Those outfits are too cute and what fun for the boys to get to hang with G-ma for a few days.

S'mee said...

#1m grr. Got up this morning to a heck of a wind storm, so I'm not sure if it was that or something else, but the nest has come down. Hopefully over the weekend they can rebuild.

Boy Mom, egads! I was told to be aware that if my birds stayed that could be a problem! Thanks for the heads up!