Thursday, August 25, 2005

Living in a retirement community one day too long will do this to you

Sitting at home today doing not much more than blog reading and wasting time. I have a tummy ache. I called the medical appointment desk yesterday (after three days of whining) seeking an afternoon visit with (at that point) any one with a medical degree. (read: YEOWIE!) I thought it was "hormonally" directed pain and therefore put it on the back burner -happily- until I could no longer walk without some assistance. Grrr.

The guy at the appointment desk inquired about the what and why and then said, "I need you to hold on, it may take a few minutes, but please stay on the line. You won't go now, will you? I need you to talk with an advice nurse." "o.k."

(cue elevator musak...Tall and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Imponema goes walking, and when she passes, each one she passes goes - ahhhhh! When she walks, she’s like a samba, that swings so cool, and sways so gentle, that when she passes, each one she passes goes - ooh...)

"Hello? Is this S'mee?" "Yes" "Um, S'mee [blah blah blah yada yada yada], so you understand you need to have someone drive you to the E.R. right now?" (greeeeeaaaaat ) "o.k." "Oh, and S'mee? Make sure you tell them that [the advice nurse on duty] sent you and told you to go to the front of the line." "o.k., thanks." (greeeaaaat, now everyone at the E.R. with REAL problems will hate me.)

Long story short: I am officially OLD. As in "dirt", "Methuselah's roomie in college", "taught God in Sunday School" OLD. Yup, have an old people disease. (think SNL routine in the 80's) So until I can walk without aide, thank you very much, I am wasting TIME! Supposedly, if the drugs are going to help I will be oakey dokey in four days 8-), if not it's back to the stupid E.R. and wazoo junk (as in "up your wazoo!"). (How can someone this immature have an old people disease? I mean the other day I called a jerk at the Target return desk a "poop-head".)

So, until (thinking, counting days...) Sunday, I am officially OLD and miserable. Grrrr. Stupid poop head doctors anyway!

add to sk*rt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »