Friday, January 04, 2008

and I thought I would be a dork...

Well here you go folks, scientific proof of what my sisters have been saying all along:

Your Score: Pure Nerd

60 % Nerd, 30% Geek, 30% Dork



(For those curious...I now look a lot like this guy...if he let his hair grow out about two inches...yikes! And yeah, I read Mandarin Chinese newspapers every single day!)
For The Record:
A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.

You scored better than half in Nerd, earning you the title of: Pure Nerd.

The times, they are a-changing. It used to be that being exceptionally smart led to being unpopular, which would ultimately lead to picking up all of the traits and tendencies associated with the "dork." No-longer. Being smart isn't as socially crippling as it once was, and even more so as you get older: eventually being a Pure Nerd will likely be replaced with the following label: Purely Successful.

Congratulations!

Thanks Again! -- THE NERD? GEEK? OR DORK? TEST

And while we're at this, since when has 60+30+30 =100? Doesn't that mean that in reality if I were all those numbers I would be 120% of the normal person? I am bad with math, always have been, but this seems wrong. Although the scale in my bathroom seems to agree that I am 120% person. sheesh.


add to sk*rt

5 comments:

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

THis is great! I still think you are great whether a nerd or not!

Robyn said...

Leave it to you to add up to 120%! I knew you had an edge! That must be where the creative part comes from too!

S'mee said...

Thanks Mel!
Chronicler, I want you to go and take this...how high will your numbers go? Talk about over achievers!

The Pea said...

That is so funny we scored almost exactly the same! I was 28%Dork

S'mee said...

Pea, haha, I guess it runs in the family!