Friday, February 15, 2008

Just in time for Fashion Week


There are those who live for Fashion Week. The week when all the top designers show off what's new and what trends will be set. As we traveled back into California, we could see the fresh new colours on the horizon for spring!

It seems that purple is the new brown! Anything sporting beige or gray is so last season! The rain has come in and nature is showing off!

Yellow is the perfect contrast to the shades of lavender we saw, and the perfect way to show off your "stems"!

Everyone knows that accessories make the outfit complete, and these flouncy bell shaped numbers really grab the attention of any passerby!

Last but not least, remember that every girl loves her jewelery and these little coral coloured pearls hit the mark. So there you have it! If you're in town or out in the country be sure to take time to smell the flowers! And think Spring!

All photos taken between Kelso and 29 Palms in the Mojave Desert National Preserve. Feb. 15, 2008

add to sk*rt

5 comments:

Laura said...

This post put the biggest smile on my face...and I thought I'm the fashion contributor?! LOVED the pictures, as well as the sentiments!

Anonymous said...

"Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Luke 12:27

hi, it's me! melissa c said...

You have here two of my favorite colors. Lavender and yellow. Isn't it amazing how beautiful our world is decorated!

I love it too! Wish it felt a little more springy here in Utah!

Kim Carney said...

I cant wait to see some flowers blooming! the first photo lupine?

S'mee said...

Yo, hehe thanks! Coming from you, I am humbly blushing!

Mark! What a lovely addition to the post! Thanks!

Melissa, hang in there, Spring is right around the corner, even for Utah! We saw the news the other night YIKES with all the snow! Just
keep thinking of all the lovely bulbs getting ready to burst!

Kim! I *think* it is, but if you said it was a French Purple Daisy I wouldn't argue! Your the Queen when it comes to flowers!