Saturday, February 09, 2008

Do me a favour, 'k?

Alright, it's the weekend and you probably have tons of other stuff to do. But, if you have an extra 20 minutes (I promise it's really only 20 minutes), take a gander at the link to the right. The one that says "The Story of Stuff, with Annie Leonard".

It's easy to understand, has basic information we all need to know, and doesn't really preach at the end, just lets you decide what to do with the information she has given you. That's easy.

Please, please, please, if you do choose to follow the link, give yourself the 20 minutes and actually watch the entire presentation. She makes some very good points, most of us already know, but, for most of us, we need reminding of. Now shoo, go on now, watch and relearn.

Thanks.

add to sk*rt

3 comments:

Rynell said...

I actually watched this a month ago.

I did relearn it. It made me want to start over with a fresh, minimalist palette in my overall owning of stuff. But, then I would have to throw away everything to start over. Or recycle at least. Or give away.

The presentation was really good. I second your recommendation. I'm still trying to figure out what else I can do to get rid of my accumulations.

The1stdaughter said...

I loved this, we watched a little bit ago as well, and it has really made me think if I really need something when we go out or if I can wait on it all together.

S'mee said...

Rynell and 1st Daughter, thanks for your comments. I have had this for a while, I am not sure why it took me so long to get it up and running.

I think (hope) most of us understand our part in it all. I know I get caught up in the "I would love that!" fever. I have way too many things. I, like Rynell, am in the process of giving away, selling or donating the excess.

Hopefully I can keep focused on the plan and keep my 'stuff' minimal.