Friday, March 27, 2009

Red Envelope Weekend!

Update: Well mine were sent today. Thanks to everyone who participated, let's hope this helps express our feelings to our President.


O.k. folks I tried to copy and paste a great post from Real Mom, however the blogger sprites are not being cooperative. So I will take this opportunity to remind us all to get those RED ENVELOPES in the mail THIS TUESDAY!!!

The Red Envelope Project

Get a red envelope. You can buy them at Kinkos, or at party supply stores. On the front, address it to:

President Barack Obama
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W.
Washington , D.C. 20500

On the back, write the following message.

This envelope represents one child who died in abortion. It is empty because that life was unable to offer anything to the world. Responsibility begins with conception.

Put it in the mail on March 31st, and send it. Then send this website to every one of your friends who you think would send one too. I wish we could send 50 million red envelopes, one for every child who died before having a a chance to live. Maybe it will change the heart of the president.

I bought a box of red envelopes and hope to get them all in the mail on Tuesday. Please join me and the others, write me inthe comments and let me know how well you did!

add to sk*rt

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Got mine ready to send. I had a bunch of stuff left over from Christmas it worked out great!

Kathy P said...

YAY SMEE!!! Guess what -- I went to get them from the store and they had SOLD OUT!!! I was so happy. It didn't matter if I had to do a little more hunting around, if red envelopes are selling out, it has to be a good thing right?

S'mee said...

Yeah everyone!!

I had to make a trip "down the hill" to a paper store about 50 minutes away to get a box of 250 (think big). Hopefully this will make an impact.