Wednesday, November 08, 2006

5 meme

I got this meme from lolly!

All about 5s...

1) Five Minutes to Yourself. How would you spend them, ideally? Ideally? I would spend them creating. More than likely -poorly. The honest truth is that I am very lucky to have time by myself. Problem is I work much more effectively while surrounded by people. I do not like being alone very often.

2) Five dollars to spend right now. How would you spend it? Right this minute...paint. Tomorrow? Paint.

3) Five Items In Your House You Could Part With Right Now? The mess. Guess that doesn't count though... 1. Old games in the game closet 2. All the garage sale stuff waiting to be garage sold 3. the baby grand 4. the couch and love seat 5. the dining room table (outside of the house: cars, cars, and more cars)

4) Five Items In My House You Could Absolutely Never Part With? 1. Indoor plumbing, 2. hot water heater, 3. scissors, 4. bed, 5. scriptures (in no particular order...it's that I use these things EVERYDAY!!! lol)

5) Five Words You Love? 1. "mommy" when voiced by one of the offspring, 2. "babe" when voiced by Thor, 3. "chocolate?" when offered, 4. "thanks" when it's genuine, 5. "happiness" when it's felt

the second meme
1. Favorite memory of your mother: The first thing that comes to mind is me sitting on her lap when I was 5 years old. I cut myself and she put me on her lap to comfort me. She put her arms around me all the way and layed my head on her chest. My cheeks rose and fell with her breathing and she was warm and smelled like Avon White Gardenia mixed with "hospital". It was one time when I felt she really loved me.

2. Favorite memory of my dad: The day he had to drive the 3 sisters to Oceanside for the middle sister's piano lesson. It was blazing hot and we were crammed into a small Datsun 2-door sedan. The day was long and the drive longer in the summer heat. About 20 miles from home the driver's side rear tire blew. We didn't have a spare and so dad had to drive on it very slowly, making the drive even hotter and longer than it needed be. We were so young and giggley and with each giggle we were driving the poor man nuts.

The miles on the flat tire began to take their toll and the rubber slowly tore away and began to slap the metal wheel frame in loud (LOUD!) rhythm. whack, whack, WHACK! whack, whack, WHACK! For miles this went on and we girls were finding it hilarious, but tried to stifle our laughter, because by this time dad had enough and was quietly fuming in the driver's seat. If looks could kill we would have all three died right then and there in the back seat.

We made a final turn about a mile from home -whack, whack, WHACK! whack, whack, WHACK! - when another driver got my dad's attention and yelled through his window, "Hey Buddy! You got a flat tire!" That was all my dad could take. With every fiber in his broiled humiliated being he stuck half his body out of the window and yelled at the top of his lungs, "I KNOW IT!!!!!" When that happened we girls could no longer contain our laughter and burst loose with whoops and yelps and nearly cried we thought it was so funny! Dad just about killed us, but to this day, all three girls crack up just thinking about that day in the car! (seriously...I am laughing out loud to myself right now!)

3. Favorite memory of your sibling(s): There are too many things I could write about here. The siblings were everything to each other. We were so dependent on each other for every aspect of our lives: love, entertainment, safety, friendship, you name it! We did everything together and were each others best friends for so long that by the time the other friends came into the picture we had already bonded enough to read each other like books. We would fight like dogs with each other, but if any one else picked on one of us the other three came out sluggin'! We built forts and played games, we swam and roller skated, we sang and made up plays, and could laugh ourselves silly over nothing. We were nomads for so long that we understood very young that friends come and go, but your siblings will be there forever. So far, that's held out true.


4. What one skill would you like to wake up tomorrow and be able to do (though you'd never learned it): Languages. Spanish, French, Latin... I would love to learn so many different languages. It would be great to just walk up to folks and converse in their language.

5. Which one of your dreams has come true: Married to Thor and got the kids. I think eventually we all get what we want because it is what we work for; consciously or subconsciously.

Thanks Lolly! Anyone else game??? I'd love to hear about your 5s!

add to sk*rt

6 comments:

Robyn said...

I gigglied all afternoon after reading your post. That stupid tire.

Thank you for being so kind about the sibling thing. I think you really defined us well.

Anonymous said...

You'd part with the baby grand? I guess they do take up a lot of space....

I do like your description of your siblings. Mine have become my best friends. I love that.

S'mee said...

Thans sis!

Maren, We were given this really pretty baby gand, however when it came time to tune it the tuner said it had so much alcolhol damage (makes perfect sense when you consider the prior owner !lol) in the interior it would take several thousand dollars to repair it. Granted, it would bring it back up to it's potential value, but I have neither the time nor the wherewithal to repair it. I have heard there is an interested party, so hopefully soon, someone else will be making a terrific investment!

Thanks Maren!

Anonymous said...

Well, that makes sense then. Hope you can get it off your hands.

Lisa M. said...

Okay, I'll take the furniture.

*smile*

I LOVED this me me, and I'll do it tomorrow!

S'mee said...

lisa, there's a *reason* I am willing to give away this furniture. You would need to be desparate -DESPARATE!- to want any thing I have listed!