Thursday, August 02, 2007

8 Random Things

Tagged: 8 Random Things About Me
I was tagged by Rynell, who has a very interesting (and for whatever reason -for me) peaceful feeling blog...This and That. I check in on her almost daily, seems like someone I would pick as a friend; and need to get her on my blog roll. ahem.

The Rules-We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.

-Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
-People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
-At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
-Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and they should read your blog.

1. Although it is my second favorite media form of art, I never paint water colour. I have tried, but I STINK at it and it makes me very depressed that I cannot conquer this. ugh. (I am a tad mad just writing about my inability...)

2. I have a comfort range of 7 degrees. Above or below the magic numbers I freeze or fry.

3. I have an extremely heightened sense of smell. It began during my last pregnancy and has developed over the past 20+ years. I can smell cigarettes being smoked from a car two or three ahead of me in traffic, alcohol in any form being served across a restaurant, and oh my heck don't get me started on perfume, diapers, or "odd" stuff. sheesh.

4. LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of coffee. Can't stand the taste.

5. I was interrogated by an F.B.I. agent in a church Bishop's office because a woman I visit-taught suspected me (and my companion) of planning to terrorize and then kill her. We sent "Satanic messages" and "poisoned candy treats" and had "taunted and stalked" her with our monthly notes laced with such terrifying phrases as: "We love _____, she's so sweet; we have to leave her this heart shaped treat!" on top of a giant sugar cookie. Yea, we were criminal.

6. I was juror number 12 on a murder case. I was on the jury for the first three days of the preliminary trial stuff and FINALLY let go and replaced by the alternate at the last moment before the trial went to court. (At the very beginning I told the attorneys that I felt the defendant was guilty and that I didn't feel I could act without prejudice. They kept me anyway, until that final day. Oh and btw, after the trial went to the jury for a decision he was found guilty and sentenced to life.)

7. Watching parades make me nervous and embarrassed and very uncomfortable. I try to avoid parades.

8. I have collected an embarrassing amount of (empty) Target Gift Cards just because I like the graphic arts on them.

So there you have it. A few (more) random things about me. Now I am changing the rules. (You can keep the original rules for those you tag later.) All the folks that I am tagging I just recently tagged. (Other people I tag don't do memes, or are otherwise occupied, whatever, that's cool.) The thing is, after a while, these memes are asking for relatively the same stuff. This one is different in that the person gets to make a personal statement.

I tag: Food Chronicler and I want her to give random statements or facts about FOOD.

Bri, how about giving us 8 random hints/tips on better photography?

1st Daughter, inquiring minds want to know 8 random facts that only a law student's wife might know.

Pea, Give us 8 random statements on your life on the road with your once trucker hubby.

Lisa, 8 things that happened at the family reunion that were unexpected.

Mustang Sally, 8 random words that you adore and why.

SERIOUSLY, anyone who wants to do this meme, I would LOVE to tag you. I fear, however, that my readership is silent, lurking, and moot. If you decide to go forth and meme, let me know and we'll add youto the list and send you readers.

add to sk*rt

2 comments:

Lisa M. said...

Darling. We are leaving today! For a little over a week, for the bellion.

I promise to do the me me when we get back.

*HUGS*

Sally said...

ooooh, what fun what fun! I will go and do what the smee has commanded right now!